The following case study is a high-level look into the onboarding process of a ProviderTrust customer, one of the largest post-acute systems in the United States, with well over 75,000 employees. ProviderTrust was engaged to help solve their challenges related to employee exclusion and license monitoring.
ProviderTrust initially focused on license verification and exclusion monitoring to help our client get a clear picture of the current status of their overall compliance. Given the client’s volume of acquisitions in recent years and current decentralized processes In this area it was important to start with an accurate picture.
Working with our clients’ existing Human Resource Information System (HRIS), ProviderTrust was able to capture the required employee demographic information which allowed ProviderTrust to conduct license verification at the primary source state licensing boards as well as conduct OIG and state Medicaid exclusion list searches. We were able to complete the initial exclusion matching/ verification process of over 92% of the employees within 24 hours. The initial exclusion matching process determined whether or not any existing employee was, or is, excluded by a federal or state exclusion authority (OIG, SAM and available state Medicaid exclusion agency). The remaining 8% of possible name matches were resolved within thirty (30) days.
This case study demonstrates the strength of ProviderTrust’s Passport® solutions’ proprietary DataIQ. With a core focus of managing, augmenting, and organizing large amounts of employee data to ensure 100% compliance. We make sure all your employees are properly licensed and exclusion free.
Prior to onboarding with the ProviderTrust Passport® product, our client used a different third-party service for exclusion monitoring and corporate HR/Compliance did their best to monitor a decentralized license capture and verification process. In addition, the company had grown into new verticals, business lines and completed major acquisitions and thus did not have a defined, uniform set of qualifications needed for each position, in each state. After recognizing a need for change, our client vetted vendors, and ultimately selected ProviderTrust. We came together to set some clear, definitive goals for our journey ahead.
for 85,805 employees
minimum fines faced by
(based on industry average)
ProviderTrust conducted exhaustive database searching to confirm all licenses provided by our Client. When inaccurate information was provided we attempted to find additional information on all employees, in an effort to validate current licenses. The License Verification Process was conducted by
of client's 21,000 active licenses
Some of these issues included:
511 licenses with names provided by
294 expired licenses
4 probationary licenses
In addition to solving and providing a reliable, compliant and updated licensed workforce solution, ProviderTrust was able to bring our client closer to their goal of 100% compliance with its licensed population. We were able to create a “clean slate” for the Client to begin their ongoing monitoring solution with us. They are now confident that they are aware of any license and/or exclusion concerns and can quickly remediate as needed. All of these findings were aggregated and displayed to the client through our robust compliance dashboard. Access to our dashboard is role-based so it allows users throughout the organization to see only the “right” information and helps them focus on their highest priority issues.
The ProviderTrust compliance dashboard allows each location to monitor ongoing compliance and is alerted any time there is an exclusion or license issue. The corporate dashboard also allows executive management to have, for the first time, full transparency across the entire organization.
“We can now do what we have been unable to do, with 100% confidence, when it comes to our workforce compliance. I can now sleep at night knowing that we are providing the best
Senior Director, Compliance
Why wait? Take the next steps to making your job easier, more efficient, and better than ever. Get in touch to demo our software, get pricing, or just introduce yourself.
If you'd rather just give us a call, you can reach us at: